International hairtransplant- list of things to take

Hey guys,

im a 33 year old male from the US and im scheduled to have my first procedure with Dr. Lorenzo in Spain. The procedure is in 2 months and I’m quite excited and nervous at the same time. I’m just wondering if there are threads outlining a list of things one should take for an international hair transplant. Things I’m looking for are specific neck pillows to use post surgery to keep propped up, hats to wear during my stay in Spain and on the flight back, etc.

thanks in advance 

I did a long haul flight to Belgium for my surgery and managed to get through it very smoothly with minimal stress.

Spex's link above is very helpful so give that a read first and foremost. A few extra tidbits that helped me -

You mentioned about what the best hat to wear is. Personally I'd opt for a bandana if possible, especially when passing through airports, I've travelled before for non-surgery purposes and worn a hat and have been asked without fail to take it off at check in, immigration, security etc. every time. When I had the bandana on I had to go through 4 airports, and only was asked twice if I could remove (and as soon as I said the word surgery they let me through straight away).

Unrelated to physical items to bring, but where possible when you're flying home, check in as early as possible to secure a window seat, preferably near the toilet as well. So you can pop in every hour or two to spray the saline. When the plane lands wait until most of the other passengers have left the plane first so you minimise risk of someone or something knocking your head.

Best of luck.