Zones demarcated on scalp prior to surgery

Concerning the zones that are outlined on the scalp prior to surgery, I would like to find out:

1.What is precedents/reasons/conditions are used when the surgeon marks/outlines in ink, these zones, onto the scalp?

2.Are these zones used to depict, the size of the follicular units that are to be placed there?

3.How does needle size correlate with the follicular unit graft size in these zones?

Thanks.

4zones_hair_transplant_proc.jpg

4zones_hair_transplant_proc.jpg.08a90e29eafe0c06456faba7f48f9ecd.jpg

take care...

Concerning the zones that are outlined on the scalp prior to surgery, I would like to find out:

1.What is precedents/reasons/conditions are used when the surgeon marks/outlines in ink, these zones, onto the scalp?

2.Are these zones used to depict, the size of the follicular units that are to be placed there?

3.How does needle size correlate with the follicular unit graft size in these zones?

Thanks.

4zones_hair_transplant_proc.jpg

take care...

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I understand:

1. The front gives the biggest cosmetic impact so the surgeon would likely put some hairs in this region unless the loss is solely in the crown. However, a lot of factors come into play such as the NW level, age, donor availability etc. Basically all the usual stuff discussed here. Given limited donor availability many people would steer clear of doing the crown. Once you commit to the small crown I can't see how you avoid being committed to the enlarged crown if you suffer further hair loss. This can take a huge number of grafts for much less cosmetic impact than with the front. I guess you could in theory do the enlarged crown but not the small crown but in practice I'm not sure that you could ever be sure it had expanded as far as it ever will. Also I'm not sure that many guys would want that kind of look. People might instead go for thin but even coverage in that whole area.

2. A lot of surgeons use single hairs at the hairline but other than that I don't think it depends to much on the regions.

3. Needle size correlates with the FU size. I think you are basically asking a similar question to 2, smaller FU's will require smaller needles.