Recent hair transplant

James81

Hello all,

I’ve posted a few times already,however I’m new to This forum and I didnt realize I was posting on the wrong thread,so im starting this thread in the hopes of getting some informative feed back, and possibly some support.

Ok so 20 days ago , I had an FUE of just over 1600 grafts, to fill in my hairline, the procedure itself was very well carried out and pretty much painless,I had one week of recovery time,I think I may have spent most of that week watching and waiting for my donor area to

Grow, I really think that alone caused me a lot of stress,I’m also self employed and I’ve been running my business at the same time which is not in anyway helping the situation.so half of my time is spent on the phone with my employee and clients,the other half watch my donor area not grow, as they say a watched pot never boils,

Ok so I’ve had very poor growth in the donor area it’s still kind of red and unfortunately my hair has not grown enough to cover signs of surgery, I expected that this would possibly be a slow recovery, and had planned on wearing a baseball hat to cover, but unfortunately the hat does not cover all as the scar come below the back of head where hat sits,this stressed me out like crazy as I had to miss some scheduled appointments due to this, but I just told myself it will grow eventually and hair will cover area until it heals 100%

Now my main concern is what I originally thought to be shock loss close to the left temple

About an inch from the recipient area,pictures below, i did post this on my original post in the wrong thread,and somebody pointed out that it doesn’t look like shock loss, that it looks more like alopecia areata, which makes a lot of sence, as it happen all of a sudden 14 days post op whilst I was having an extremely stressful day, it really did freak me out to say the very least

Today I’ve contacted my HT dr and he’s been kind enough to give me an appointment in

A couple hours to give me a steroid injection, which I’m hoping will help, as I see it’s spreading,now I’ve never experienced this kind of patchy hair loss before, and have come to the conclusion with the help of a member of this community that this is caused by my emotions and trauma from surgery combined,

Thanks for reading this post any advise or sharing of similar experiences is greatly appreciated.

Your stressed out friend James

C59EC899-ED49-4C05-87DC-DA9961405EF0.thumb.jpeg.f034f219ac8fedc69b4803944c5e7542.jpeg

27E4EEBA-6B47-4F08-B441-B2D08509267F.jpg.468f5ac393704b4128a872327093362b.jpg