Temporary Hair System?

Martin M

So I'm about 3 months post - op, and am seeing very small hairs starting to sprout from my scalp. The problem is that I'm having a big family reunion about a month and a half from now that will undoutably require me to reveal my head. No one in my family is aware of my HT, in fact none are even really aware of my hair loss. What should I do? Is it even possible/feasible to get a hair system while your HT is growing in? Are there any temporary solutions? My recipient area is a bit red/shadowy and looks as if work has been done. Thoughts?

Hi Martin,

It is possible, but it isn't something I would recommend. Generally speaking, some companies have systems in stock, but the chances of finding one that quickly - that will match exactly what you need - are slim.

Then, after you find the perfect system, you will still need to take the time to learn how to wear it over your successful HT? That would be a tall order.

So, realistically - you still have another six weeks to heal, isn't it likely that your shadow effect will lighten by then and that it will be much less noticeable?

I recommend asking one of the guys who has already been where you are now - in the HT thread - what they think. The only cosmetic solution I can think of would be a lighter concealer that may help the darker areas. Dermatch does come in light colors so that may be an option for you to consider.

Lynnette

DISCLOSURE: I teach people how to order, wear and maintain non-biological hair AND an hourly rate applies! :)

I do NOT represent any hair company, I do NOT sell any products and my only clients are the people who need my services.

The type of coaching that I offer - personal phone calls, web-casts, video/picture sharing, email - all in a private environment - is what I am passionate about. I feel strongly that there are people who want to learn in a safe, private exchange by communicating with someone who ACTUALLY wears hair.

My desire is to help others learn how to wear hair confidently and quickly for a fair, affordable price.

• 4 months later...