Avacor?

altair

I just caught the end of a TV ad for a product called Avacor. It appears to be some kind of concealer. Has anyone heard of this product or used it? I am already trying to decide how to conceal my crown area once the hairline area starts to grow. What is the best product to use on the crown if there is very little to no hair?

I just caught the end of a TV ad for a product called Avacor. It appears to be some kind of concealer. Has anyone heard of this product or used it? I am already trying to decide how to conceal my crown area once the hairline area starts to grow. What is the best product to use on the crown if there is very little to no hair?

It was my interpretation of it that Avacor is basically minoxidil with some other, useless stuff mixed in. I dont think it conceals anything, but I did hear a couple of years ago that the founder was under investigation for patent infringement from Rogaine, or something along those lines. Dont take my word on it that this is true, I just remember hearing it.

Personally, I think it would be a waste of money.

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

I used it for a year and a half. There is an herbal supplement, a topical and shampoo. I don't think I really noticed anything. Can't tell if it slowed hair loss down. It's not a concealer. It does have saw palmetto and horsetail which are supposed to be good for hairloss. Your better bet is rogaine plus propecia.