1500 Grafts FUE Dr. Nadimi in Chicago (First Review)

Teemo

Hi everyone,

This is probably the very first post reviewing Dr. Nadimi’s work.

A little bit about me, I'm currently 24 yo living in the US. I started losing my hair at 21 yo. Before hair loss, I had always had a big forehead with a very thin receded hair line, I was probably at NW2. So I liked to put my hair down to cover my forehead until I turned 20 when the comb over slick back style became very popular. Then I thought my big forehead didn't look as bad.

As if having a big forehead is not enough, my hairline started to recede at 21 yo. It's not common for East Asians to lose hair at this age and no one in my family experience hair loss. My dad, 53 yo, older brother 28 yo, and younger brother 19 yo have great thick hairlines, zero sign of receding or balding. None of my uncles (50 yo +) has severe form of hair loss (NW 2.5 at most). I felt more self-conscious seeing everyone around me with great hair.

I had several consultations with different clinics after 1.5 years of research. Most quoted me 1500 graft and I thought this was an appropriate number regarding the current state of my hair loss and age. Some people might think that it's not a good idea to get a HT at 24 yo and I should wait till 30+ but in my opinion, it's ok to start the journey early as long as I have a plan and stay conservative with my hairline. In my case, as mentioned earlier, no one in my family has any severe form of hair loss, and any bald person would get the hairline reconstructed anyways, so why wait and live my 20s feeling sad and unconfident.

My plan is to get my hairline reconstructed with 1500~2000 grafts, this should look good for about 3 to 4 years if my hair loss continues, I would get another procedure when I'm about 30. I've been on fin and minoxidil for 8 months hoping to slow down the loss, have no side effects.

Initially I was going to choose Dr. Diep, but his schedule didn’t work with mine. So I decided to pick Dr. Nadimi for several reasons. The clinic is close to where I live, thus post op care was more convenient. Also, she was more available, I was able to pick an appropriate date for a procedure. Dr. Nadimi was trained under Dr. Konior, who is top in the industry. Obviously, Dr. Konior wouldn't let unskilled doctors to work in his clinic and ruin his reputation. She was very knowledgeable and reliable during the consultations, answered all my questions very well. I couldn't find any bad results from her on the Internet which was a good sign. People with good results don't usually post anything, they just go on and enjoy their lives, and she's only been in this industry for 3~4 years, those might be the reasons why it was impossible to find a review of her work online. The downside is that she only does 1500 grafts max for FUE procedures because she focuses in quality rather than quantity.

Day of Procedure (12/7/2017):

I arrived at the clinic at 6am. We designed the new hairline and agreed to stay conservative as the hairline was lowered by 1.5 ~ 2 cm. I took valium right before the procedure. She shaved the donor area and the frontal portion of my head. Anesthetic injection was the most painful part of the procedure, which lasted for a few minutes. The procedure was done at around 7pm, she got about ~1000 grafts transplanted. I came in the next day and got ~500 grafts transplanted. Surprisingly, I didn’t experience a lot of pain after the procedure, in fact I slept pretty well. There was not much bleeding, both the donor and recipient sites looked very clean right after the procedure, it looked just like those procedures done by Dr. Konior. My donor healed really fast, I didn’t see much scabbing after all, part of the reasons was probably the small punch she used for my procedure. I came to the clinic for cleaning for 4 days, so I didn’t have to take care of the scabbing in the recipient area myself. She put a lot of antibiotic ointment onto my head because I tended to get pimples due to my oily skin. As you guys can see, she did a good job blending transplanted hair into the native hair.

Overall, I had a good experience with Dr. Nadimi and the clinic. I’m currently at 5-month post op. I will update my monthly progress in the next posts.

Photos:

1, 2, and 3: Pre-op

4: Right after operation (everything looked clean, minimal bleeding, swelling in the forehead)

5 and 6: Day 5 post-op, donor and recipient sites (as you can see she put a layer of antibiotic ointment on my recipient site).

7 and 8: Day 7 post-op, donor and recipient sites

IMAG1625.thumb.jpg.e3cbd34ef47362a432c53660ba53a6cb.jpg

IMAG1626.thumb.jpg.2de3e1f499c8eeaef3e0d725ceecd765.jpg

IMAG1627.thumb.jpg.5576586e2f4f22991964c42b3e035109.jpg

IMAG2262.thumb.jpg.f139510c040c78ded2d5e481ba4cd137.jpg

IMAG2273.thumb.jpg.f552bc0aae3904bef0d23c5066a2fa9b.jpg

IMAG2278.thumb.jpg.3b1ed1f24199a466e21af0f730b7182f.jpg

IMAG2303.thumb.jpg.849f552b4d7386ff525e5e126134942b.jpg

IMAG2304.thumb.jpg.99e3db3cb590db045dfbd246225170fb.jpg

Teemo - thanks for the thoughtful post. I'm booked with Dr. Nadimi in July and I agree with your comments on meeting with her. She was very knowledgeable. I've reached out to her by e-mail a few times since the consult and she's great about responding to my e-mails. I've exchanged messages with some other Nadimi patients (who have posted on the forum) and they've all had great things to say about her and the procedure. I've seen some great results thus far on realself and she certainly appears to do great work. Glad you had a great experience and best of luck.