donor hair density after ht???

Hi guys,

There might be some threads about it already although I can't seem to find anything yet so I'll ask this question here since it's taking alot of debate on some dutch fora where we don't seem to get to know the right answer and hope to find it here; it may be a silly question but i give it a shot:

So the debate is how a hairtransplant affects the donor area's density; we all know that by using the Fue method ,we actually take out some grafts and so the density level in the donor area will decrease but what happens with Fut?

Some say it will also decrease while others say it doesn't.

The people who say it does: say thatby removing the skin and suturing the skin back together will stretch the skin back to it's normal position; so you won't get a higher neckline but due to this stretching the skin to enlarge it back to it's normal size; the grafts(and it's hairs) will be seperated over a bigger area which results in less grafts/cm^2 , while the others say that the skin won't stretch back to it's normal size and often will leave you with a higher neckline so the density in the donor area will remain almost equal prior to surgery?

I'm not sure what the real fact is about this, hope someone can give some information about this or can refer me to some other thread if any available?

Hi guys,

There might be some threads about it already although I can't seem to find anything yet so I'll ask this question here since it's taking alot of debate on some dutch fora where we don't seem to get to know the right answer and hope to find it here; it may be a silly question but i give it a shot:

So the debate is how a hairtransplant affects the donor area's density; we all know that by using the Fue method ,we actually take out some grafts and so the density level in the donor area will decrease but what happens with Fut?

Some say it will also decrease while others say it doesn't.

The people who say it does: say thatby removing the skin and suturing the skin back together will stretch the skin back to it's normal position; so you won't get a higher neckline but due to this stretching the skin to enlarge it back to it's normal size; the grafts(and it's hairs) will be seperated over a bigger area which results in less grafts/cm^2 , while the others say that the skin won't stretch back to it's normal size and often will leave you with a higher neckline so the density in the donor area will remain almost equal prior to surgery?

I'm not sure what the real fact is about this, hope someone can give some information about this or can refer me to some other thread if any available?

I think there are one of two possibilities.

1) The skin stretches and you end up with a lower density.

2) The hair is pulled down and does not stretch, and you end up with a larger bald area.

Looking at my before and after pics, I really believe it is #2.

Look at the guys who are stripped out, have had many surgeries, you can see the bald spot in the back stretches down and is narrower than normally seen.

Of course, the Dr. who did my surgery was quick to dismiss my belief that it is #2. After all, this might suggest superiority of FUE.

One of the reasons I am hesitant to go back for a second procedure is that I really believe it makes the bald spot larger.