new in the business with a questions

hi, my name is david,

im 30 years old and my hair its more than ok for most part,

the only area that loosing hais its the back head (very common unfortunately)

i live in the east coast of us, and i got few recommendation doctors that can do hair transplat in a good result,

the top 2 that i heard about its dr.rahal in canada and dr. cole in Atlanta

i want to hear from someone with maybe exprience about the procces,

how was it? how long its take to see results, how much its cost? if have any other recommend doctors.

thank you for everyone that help

I would say that the best way forward is to contact the doctors on your shortlist (one of whom I represent, and you're welcome to contact me directly) and search this forum for results posted by patients as well as by the clinics. This forum is a goldmine of information and it's easy to find.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

If you're just starting out learning about hair transplants, browse this forum for a week and you'll really start to learn everything you need to know. As Matt suggested, you can filter your search by the surgeons you mentioned if you want. The main thing I would encourage you to do though is to really take your time and educate yourself as much as possible before making any decisions. There's no need to rush into anything and information is your friend.

But if you want some brief answers to your original questions, here ya go... :)

How was the procedure? Relatively easy, tbh. I've never heard anyone say "that was the most painful experience I've ever had".

Don't expect any results for at least 6 months after the procedure. Some people start growing hair earlier, some later, but understand that you will look worse before you look better. Really take this to heart so that you're not one of the many guys coming to the forum in a panic 2 months post-op wondering why they're not seeing any growth yet...

The cost depends on many different factors. You'll most likely pay per graft of hair. In the US, the rate for FUE is around $8/graft. Strip will be cheaper. Going overseas will be more affordable as well. You'll learn all about the different costs by getting to know this forum better.

That should be a good start. Now happy learning. ;)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56