Gyno from propecia post FUE

Jammerz

Hi Guys

Il keep this short and sweet, my left nipple is showing bad gyno hard large lumps (3) under the nipple, I think I had small lumps already but were unnoticeable before to the naked eye. Since starting propecia around 1.5 months ago the gyno is very sensitive and has grown I’d say 2x size. My question is if I take tamoxifen at 20mg a day for 4 weeks to see if I can shrink it like it advises on most forums will this affect my hair transplant result, I had FUE 3 weeks ago now. I know some people report thinning on tamoxifen but I think that’s with cancer sufferers who are on the drug for a long time.

If any one has any idea of this or any recommendations please let me know.

Jammerz,

Seems like your post is riddled with medical questions that are best suited for a doctor. That said, if Propecia is worsening or causing gyno, I personally would probably stop taking Propecia after speaking to doctor immediately. As for tamoxifen, i’m not familiar with it however, if a reported side effects is hair loss, then it can potentially affect your hair transplant. Not because of the surgery, but because it could potentially affect any hair since hair loss maybe a reported side effect.

So the first thing I would do is check with your doctor on all of these things. Then, I will see if the medication you are considering taking has a reported potential side effect of hair loss. If it doesn’t, I don’t see why it would affect your hair transplant. If it does, in most cases, even if you do experience that side effect of hair loss, stopping the medication will likely restore any lost hair. However, personally, I would be nervous about taking any medication that potentially causes hair loss.

Best wishes,

Bill