Hair shedding that's considered normal?

Hello everyone,

just wanted to ask what should be considered normal and expected when it comes to hair shedding as I keep coming across conflicting info about it.

I don't find hair on my pillow or towel when I dry it but if I somewhat aggressively shake my hair with my hand over the sink I lose anywhere from 20-50 hairs

If I just run my hand through hair normally shake my head not too aggressively its just a few.

I can't see any thinning but seeing between 20-50 hair in the sink after shaking my hair for a few seconds is worrying but some articles suggest this is actually normal?

Many thanks in advance

That does sound like quite a lot of hairs to see when just shaking your hair over the sink. But how often do you do it? How often do you wash your hair? Every time you wash your hair, you'll rinse away a lot of shed hairs. If you only wash it every other day or perhaps even less, then brushing it over a sink will result in more hairs. I hope this makes sense.

Ultimately, the important thing is whether the shed hairs are growing back or not. If you haven't noticed a loss of density or any frontal recession or a bald spot, then you aren't balding.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hopefully you are not washing your hair every day otherwise it may be the onset of a shed cycle.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY