Need help. Want to do a hair transplant in Northern NJ and have questions!

Jon B.

I was thinking of getting a hair transplant. I went to visit a nice doctor in Englewood NJ.

His name is Dr.Feinberg and he seemed very nice and said he could give me a hair transplant.

Since I found this site I thought I'd ask has anyone else used him and how were the results?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Jon, never heard of that doctor.

If you're in NJ, you might want to consider the reputed doctors in the NY area. Dr Feller is one of the most reputed docs in that area, but there are quite a few other good ones. Search around on this forum, and you'll come across their names.

In my opinion, one should do plenty of research before they decide to commit themselves to a HT surgery or to a particular doctor.

Good luck!

Hi Jon, I live in North Jersey, too. I have never heard of Feinberg either, which doesn't mean he isn't good, but it's not a great sign. You will find that the posters on this forum, and its moderator and publisher, know who the absolute best HT docs in the world are, and they are discussed here often.

When it comes to a transplant, you really need to go to one of the best. Luckily going with the best does not mean they are that much more expensive. Keep in mind, that if the lesser-known doc is cheaper, he could end up costing you more if you need repair work. You want to go with a well-known HT doc with tons of proven results--it assures a great result.

In the NYC-area you want to start with Dr. Feller, Bernstein (who has an office in Fort Lee), and True and Dorin. But I wouldn't rule out traveling for a doc whose work I really liked or felt comfortable with. Spend lots of time on these forums and do plenty of research. Best of luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Jon B.

Dr. Feinberg is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. In my opinon, he is doing solid follicular unit hair transplant surgery. You can see examples of his work in the "Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics" section of the forum or on his recommendation profile.

Know however, that he typically only does smaller procedures. Thus, patients with more baldness may require multiple procedures to meet their goals.

While I feel Dr. Feinberg is certainly worth considering, if you have advanced baldness, it may behoove you to consider physicians doing larger ultra refined sessions such as physician members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. That way, your goals may be met quicker and with fewer procedures.

All the Best,

Bill

Jon B, The beauty of this forum is that no matter how long you have been a member, you will always learn something new. For instance, I did not know about Dr. Feinberg, but have now checked out his work thanks to this site and see he does quality HTs. That being said, and as Bill mentioned, he appears to do smaller sessions. So, depending on your personal needs he may or may not be an option. Go for as many consults as you can that way you can get a better feel for what your options are, and take your time.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I would recommend taking the trip to Short Hills after setting up a consultation with Dr. True. He is a forum certified Dr and I as well as others Im sure could definately vouch for his work.

His very honest, conservative, concerned approach let me know from the beginning I was in good hands. His staff was very friendly and was told they have been working with him for many years if I remember correctly.

He restored my hairline a bit as well as my temple area (which has made a huge improvement in my appearance) as well as some coverage from the hairline back some. I am very pleased with the results and am looking into talking things up with him again for my next HT if all goes well.

I dont want to sound like I work for him (which I do not) or anything and constantly preaching his name, but this is a site where peoples experiences can greatly help others make the right decision. So thats all I am trying to do, take my experience and share it as best as I can to help you and others maybe make theirs.