Loosing/ shedding grafts that look wonky?

Curious if anyone can help currently on the third week post fue shedding has begun however im noticing some grafts or hairs i suppose coming out,

they look wonky like they look basically like an L shape or J shape

why is this and has anyone else noticed their grafts looking like this on shedding

thanks

The hairs that shed will traditionally look "wonky" or unusual with regards to how they appear compared to the native hair around them. They tend to have an kinky appearance because they have essentially gone into the catagen phase where the follicle itself has separated from it's blood supply. The "J shape" appearance can be attributed to this but it can possible be due to the grafts being stuffed too deeply into their incisions. If you went to a reputable clinic this should not really be a point of concern and is most likely due to the former explanation. Have you taken any photos of these hairs to share with the group?

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!

I don't know whether grafts being placed too deeply can cause this, but I do know that the kinky/bent/J-shaped look of the shed hairs is something most HT patients notice and therefore it isn't a sign that hairs have been implanted incorrectly. I see no cause for concern.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

yeah i mean ive got a usb microscope, so the first two weeks I was washing my hair very gently and i noticed in that two week period when all scabs were removed around 20-30 potentially failed grafts which didnt take which isnt too bad..

other hairs are just falling out straight, some have small bulbs on the end and others ive noticed are kinked ive taken a close up/ microscope of them, in reality they are thin hairs which i coudnt get under a normal camera,

heres a picture of two which ive collected, the majority seem to be normal though,

obv ive lost a few but i general cup my hands as im washing/ rinsing and try and acquire any hairs just to see if theyre normal, ive spotted a few of these thus far,

DSC_6078.thumb.jpg.9494077323988a95bfdbab8050e5e7f1.jpg

I didn't shed badly myself, but if you do then that's completely normal and not a reason to worry. Seeing all sorts of different hair shapes like you describe is normal too.

I'm curious why you think you saw failed grafts.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com