Coughing and blowing nose After FUE

Hey all,

Just recently joined and I have a question that's been bugging me since getting me HT done.

I had fue HT done 5 days ago ( 4000 hairs, not grafts).

At the same time I have been sick, coughing and blowing nose here and there . Couple times a hard nose blow. After the first 2-3 days I tried my best to avoid coughing and blowing my nose , but then I got sicker and started blowing my nose and coughing more .

My question is, how do I know if I damaged my hair transplant ? I read a few posts that suggest you shouldn't blow your nose and now I'm paranoid.

I did not see any blood after the surgery while at home and I always check the mirror immediately after coughing or blowing my nose.

Someone please help!!

Hi Segal,

After 24-36 hours your grafts are firmly embedded in your scalp, only a major bump to the head can dislodge them at this point. After about a week they are pretty rigid.

It is best to keep your head upright and avoid any sudden movements following surgery at least for the time mentioned above. Also no sign of blood is usually a good indicator to show all your implanted grafts are still intact.

I don't think you have any cause for concern.

Edited by Shera