Taking the meds

I am 43 and have had numerous surgeries, using a variety of techniques over a 15 year period.

I am happy with where I am at at the moment, but i am considering taking Propecia/minoxidil etc as a safety net.

At the moment, i take MSM, mainly for soccer injuries rather than any hair benefit.

My question is about shedding. At worst, what degree of sheeding could I expect when taking medication?

When does it kick in ( the shedding) and how long does it last?

What is the best combination?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

As a reference point, here are some of my pics.

My most recent surgery was with Dr Knudsen from Sydney.

knudsen_bbb.JPG.813e9bff67c29bc596c3a0b7aca733b2.JPG

I am 43 and have had numerous surgeries, using a variety of techniques over a 15 year period.

I am happy with where I am at at the moment, but i am considering taking Propecia/minoxidil etc as a safety net.

At the moment, i take MSM, mainly for soccer injuries rather than any hair benefit.

My question is about shedding. At worst, what degree of sheeding could I expect when taking medication?

When does it kick in ( the shedding) and how long does it last?

What is the best combination?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

As a reference point, here are some of my pics.

My most recent surgery was with Dr Knudsen from Sydney.

Rocky, your hair looks great-- completely natural-- I wouldnt have guess you had HT. Who was your surgeon?

As for as your questions, the best combo is Propecia (which works at the DHT level) and Rogaine 5% (xtra strength which works at the dilation level on the surface). This combo is recommended by most if not all HT surgeons for pre and post surgery patients and general MBP men. I personally never had any shedding when I started which was 6 yrs ago. No side effects what so ever--- If your head gets itching because of the rogain just cut back to once a day. As far as Kicking in with results-- I would say you need to be on the combo 6-9 months to start seeing difference. The key for HT patients is to not really grow hair, but to keep what they have, keep the new HT healthy and growing, and stop furture hairloss of orginal hair (wich is what it has done for me).

Best of luck and glad to see your taking MSM-- I too have noticed benefits from a knee injury as well as skin and healthy hair. MSM took me around 4 months to notice benefits.