Shock Loss in females

Please share your experience of shock loss following hair transplant  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why can't i get anyone to tell me the actual percentage of shock loss amongst hair transplant patients? I am considering the procedure - I am a female, lost some hair after going off birth control, but not balding and have no family history of female balding - i was born with no hair on my temples, and i would like to have hair transplanted there. I can't find ANY information on the occurrence of shock loss in women who are not losing their hair...I want to know what my risk is before i commit to doing this.

I find it very frustrating that there is no information out there!

If there are any women on this site who have undergone HT for similar reasons, please share your experience, it would be SOO helpful to all of us ladies out here.

Thanks everyone!

Man or woman shock loss can occur in both sex has no part to play, shock loss is very common but there hair grows back once it goes through the cycle again, BUT permanent shock loss can occur and often does if transplanted hair is put to close to native have, that hair then gets starved of blood supply and will die thus no regrowth