Europe vs United states? Any ideas

Hi Eveyone,

1st time on this site,exellent with lots of info. Finally after many years of fretting about hair loss,im ready to do something about it!i'm 35, a UK resident,estimate norward 2/3,and are considering a DHI(FUE)procedure.

Has anyone had any experience of this clinic or procedure,or any other UK clinic?

I realise that most of the top surgeons are based in the U.S/CANADA,but few are offering the FUE procedure,i'm still waying up the pros and cons between strip/fue and also proscar to stop any further loss,any advice is greatly appreciated-i have a long way to go with my homework!!

Hi Eveyone,

1st time on this site,exellent with lots of info. Finally after many years of fretting about hair loss,im ready to do something about it!i'm 35, a UK resident,estimate norward 2/3,and are considering a DHI(FUE)procedure.

Has anyone had any experience of this clinic or procedure,or any other UK clinic?

I realise that most of the top surgeons are based in the U.S/CANADA,but few are offering the FUE procedure,i'm still waying up the pros and cons between strip/fue and also proscar to stop any further loss,any advice is greatly appreciated-i have a long way to go with my homework!!

Hi there,

Proscar is a good first step. Most hair loss people use minoxidil too, it can be cheaper getting this from the USa too, say minoxidil.com

I'm really not sure about ht in the UK. I would strongly recomend you dont use the Nobel Clinic of course! DHI & Farjo have some crediblity but you will find quite a lot of people slagging them off too. I would stear clear of anyone with any sort of black mark against their name!

So my main advive is be super cautious and make sure you look twise before you leap!!!

Good luck

Nobel Victim

• 1 month later...

Whitey,

I can only concur with NV. There is NO 1st class HT doc anywhere on this side of the Atlantic. After a bad experience here in the UK & months of research I wouldn't even think of trying another doc in Europe. For the same price you can get yourself a flight to the US/Canada & a MUCH BETTER result. I'm off to Vancouver in 3 weeks for my 2nd HT.

FUE vs strip really depends on how much coverage you need. Actually some guys now first have strip to get the required density & then FUE to hide the scar.

Re: Proscar I was very skeptical at first but it seems to work for me so I would definitely recommend you give it a go. The only side effects I got were an upset stomach & headaches the 1st 2 weeks but nothing afterwards.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

As with previous posters, location shouldn't be you main criterion. For the sake of an air fare, you should give equal consideration to overseas surgeons.

DHI seem to be be maing something of a comeback with their Dr Zontos and hopefully their FUE results will be encouraging - still way too early to say. Have you tried the discussion on hairlsshelp.com? They discuss DHI a lot more than here.

• 2 weeks later...

Whitey21;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> UK resident,estimate norward 2/3,and are considering a DHI(FUE)procedure.

If you insist on getting FUE done in EUROPE then I would wait. No doctor or clinic has posted any good FUE results in EUROPE yet.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson