Best transfer method for paying a surgery deposit in Turkey? Pound > Euro

Guest PatientX

Guest PatientX

Hello all, I've just booked an FUE op with the ASMED clinic in Turkey and I need to pay the deposit which is in Euros, I had read someone had used the Transferwise website but an attempt at making a payment comes up with a "non-sepa country" warning and I can't continue. Can anybody from the UK who has done a transfer tell me the best way?

Appreciate any help and apologise if this is posted in the wrong section.

When I sent my deposit to my surgeon in turkey I went to my local bank (Santander) gave them the account holders name, IBAN number and all associated account numbers which the surgeon provided, then told them I wanted to send the money in euros and they done the rest for me.

Guest PatientX

Thanks for your help, Plymouthcraig. I've seen some other site too that can do this, I'll compare the fee with my local bank and see which is better, such a large chunk to pay in one go, kinda nervous. Appreciate the help!

I was in the exact same situation and I had the same problem with Transferwise and the non-SEPA country alert that didn't allow me to proceed. Instead I went through OFX and it worked great. Allowed me to send 1000 Euros to ASMED in Turkey with no issue. Also connected right to my bank account and pulled the money from there.

Guest PatientX

Thanks, HairInspector. I've just checked them out and I think they'd be a bit cheaper than my bank. Will be going with them, cheers!

• 1 month later...