donor grafts supply

coolboy

I have never have any procedure before. I was a bit disappointed I was estimated by the consultant that I only have 5000 grafts of supply in total over my life time for FUE. I am wondering if FUT method can maximizes my life time supply to say 6000 or 7000 grafts?:confused: Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

Typically a strip will give you more grafts but in some cases it won't be by much as it depends on the donor laxity and how you heal from the procedure. For some aggressive cases of loss or those with potential for aggressive loss the approach of strip first, FUE second makes a lot of sense but it isn't always a black and white issue. You should consult with multiple clinics including ones that regularly perform both procedures.

Whichever procedure is done first, the option remains to go for the other procedure type later as there will be grafts still available for harvesting via that method. But of course, each procedure depletes the donor area.

So if you had a total of 5000 grafts harvested via FUE, there would be more grafts available in a strip, but that number would be lower than it was before the FUE.

Normally, if a patient is needing a high number of grafts, FUT would be chosen first, but like Shapiromedical says, it isn't always so clear cut. If you have been told that you have 5000 grafts available for FUE then you most likely have at least 3000 grafts available for FUT. That's going by the average patient and of course there are variables.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com