Normal shedding?

Hey guys,

15 days post op FUT, I was told by my Rahal rep that it's ok to touch the recipient area and shower normally. I pulled lightly at some hairs in the receipient area and they came out very easily. No resistance, and no sensation of a hair being pulled out, though my scalp is somewhat numb. Some looked like "J" shaped, others were just hairs with no J shape or mini black "root" looking structure, and others were just straight hairs with a small black enlargement (bulb?). There were no white fleshy bulbs, which I've read are the actual follicles. I've posted a couple of pictures here. Does this look like normal hair that's ready to shed?

Thanks in advance

Edited by 2863grafts

This looks totally normal. Everything important is still attached to your scalp and after a few months the follicles will begin to produce hairs to replace those that you have shed.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

This looks totally normal. Everything important is still attached to your scalp and after a few months the follicles will begin to produce hairs to replace those that you have shed.

Great. Thanks!

Looks fine. Best not to get in the habit of "pulling" on anything though. Just leave it be and try not to worry so much. Things will go just fine for you :-)

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)