sticknplace or traditional planting method for preventing shockloss

Question for all patients,docs, n patient reps, shockloss is a concern for all ht patients,does either method of planting grafts lessen the chance of shockloss,or is it based on the doctors experience,stick n place where grafts are placed once slit is opened,or traditional where doctor creates all reciepient sites and later the techs plant the grafts.question 2 , if one has work done only on front third, will patient risk shockloss in areas not worked on . thanks for reading .

What we do know is that shock loss is induced by trauma to the scalp resulting from the incisions to the scalp and also the fluids that are injected into the scalp.

We all respond differently and therefore the resulting level of trauma also varies between individuals. Obviously the more incisions that are made, the higher level of trauma. Also, the size of the incisions along with the type of instruments used in making the incisions has a bearing on the level of trauma induced on the scalp.

Stick and place methods can potentially reduce scalp trauma but the stick and place method in itself does not guarantee this. It depends on surgeon skill and as I stated before, instrumentation used, etc.

IMHO stick and place would potentially be more beneficial in FUE because you can place the graft as soon as it is extracted. This can potentially help with graft survival and overall yield.

Albeit rare, neighboring areas to the recipient zone can be affected with shock loss depending on the trauma level to the overall scalp.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY