Uncjim's Reunion

uncjim

I had a reunion last weekend with some people, predominantly woman, that I grew up with. Many I had not seen for 25 years or longer (some over 40 years). Not that it matters in the telling here, but the occasion was a memorial reception for one of my old friend's mothers who had recently passed away. Of course, after so long, one of the lasting impressions people walk away with at meetings like this is how much, or little people have changed.

Well, I've got to tell you, not that the day was about me, but I did get a lot of 'You haven't changed, you are easy to pick out, you don't look old'..etc. At the end of the evening, as the hostess was telling me how good I looked, I told her that I had a hair transplant. She looked and didn't believe me. Hey, at that point why should I push? This is what 'getting my hair back' is all about??¦ feeling and looking good.

Thanks for listening and thanks Dr. Wong for helping to turn back the clock.

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

it's always nice to hear those personal stories and how their 'new' hair makes the big difference in their personal lives. i'm very happy for you and for anyone else who made that crucial decision in their life to get the HT and improve their look and confidence in everyday life.

i checked your profile uncjim and I wanna see those new pics from the 3rd HT. you look great btw.

Great story!

I just want to chip in the fact that your hair is just one of many things that make you look young. Your confidence (probably gained from the hair), diet and exercise can also play a big role.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Mr.GQ,

Thanks so much for the kind words. The third procedure pics will be coming. At 10 months post op, I'm not quite at "shock and awe". Once there, I'll be posting.

Spex,

Me too! Thank you My Friend.

Wantego,

It felt damned good to be exact! Thanks. You're looking good by the way.

Joe,

The crown's much improved. As before, after 10 months, there's still some growing to do and I'm looking forward to it. The best is yet to come. I hope all's well with you and the gang. Give regards to the group.

dabuski,

I appreciate that. Thank you.

latinlotus,

I'm glad you enjoyed it, thanks. You're right, I do exercise regularly...weights and stretching. At this point, it helps to keep away the aches and pains. The eating is always a challenge though. I'd love to loose a few pounds, but it gets harder not only because it sheds more slowly these days, but because I love to eat and cook! All the best over the next several months.

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog