Crown/whorl.

I am trying to get some feedback regarding my crown and whether is has thinned sufficiently to have a hair transplant? I undertook a hair transplant a year ago for my temples which went well, however, it was not doctor led as I was led to believe and was concerned by the continued rotation of so-called 'hair techs'. That said I cannot complain about the results. I did not have any shedding which seems a little atypical and the grafts just grew from day 1. I have filmed its progression but seem unable to upload it. I am currently in Turkey, and boy do they want your business! The crown is a little thin and I am concerned that perhaps more damage than good could be done as it is not a bald canvass per se. I have been offered 1000 grafts with the Choi implanter but do not want to end up losing more hair from ironically trying to thicken the crown area up! Any advice?? I have a potential visit to the clinic on the 7th of July but have not had to pay any money upfront. The doctor will be doing the extraction and placement and is an associate ISHRS member. Any advice is most welcome! I have been taking Finasteride for about 10 months and Minoxidil foam for around 5 years. In my opinion, the Finasteride has really helped in reducing any more heavy hair loss. I am 45 and started losing my hair when I was around 30 but due to the power of cognitive dissonance was in complete denial about it. To the point where I would look in the mirror and would clearly see hair loss and just say "that cannot be right, my hair is fine!!". Sorry for the poor quality of the photos!

Edited by Ironside30
posted X2 sorry!

Your photos aren't visible to me. The crown can take a lot of grafts to restore to a satisfying density, and of course that area requires a lot of skill to get right due to the angulation of the hairs.

It's possible that you haven't yet lost enough to make a crown procedure advisable and from what you say it sounds like you know that and are unsure whether to go ahead. If you can upload some photos, we might be able to advise you.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com