Help!! Very Little Shedding - Please advise

Hello,

It's been one month today and I've had not much shedding. Is this a really bad sign? Not sure what this means. I THINK my hair has grown since day 1 but either way I'm attacking my day 1 pics and pics now. What do you guys think? Is this a bad sign? Grafts are dead ?

IMG_0097.thumb.jpg.dcf298fb526fe62abeec10f5e5939fa9.jpg

IMG_0138.thumb.jpg.bb84aa079602729045cd9fffa38f4e81.jpg

IMG_0232.thumb.jpg.ad083aefc9f8afe957189ad330c6079f.jpg

IMG_0285.thumb.jpg.fe7a31a72cefb47f270742e719390604.jpg

There will always be some variances in the post-op shedding cycle. Some individuals shed as early as 4 weeks and others as late as 12 weeks. Most shed at the 6-8 week mark.

Just be sure to keep your scalp clean and that all crusting has been removed.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Does late shedding imply growth will be late as well? And does late shedding have anything to do with the possibility that grafts are damaged because I'm assuming if these hairs don't fall or grow in future that means the grafts were screwed ?

Regrowth must be preceded by the dormancy period. If your grafts go into the resting phase later, than the regrowth will occur after 3-4 months have passed.

Although the graft hair may not have shed, that does not necessarily mean the follicle is not in the resting phase. Sometimes it may just take a little bit more aggressive scrubbing of the scalp to remove the graft hair.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

A lot of the hairs that are still present might be waiting for the dormant follicle to kick into action. When that happens, the hair will be pushed out. However, some just continue growing without being shed. It's so variable from patient to patient and procedure to procedure.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com