scalp issues

tincup911

I am currently taking propecia and had a ht of 2000 grafts 14 months ago with mediocre at best results. My problem now is I have areas of my scalp that have small chunks of dead skin. some of them have hairs attached to them when they come off. Not sure if the propecia is part of the issue although i started using it prior to my transplant and didn't get these chunks of dead skin. I have tried nizoral and revita but if anything they seem to make it worse. I have had dandruff for a long time especially in the winter and had seborrhea which the Propecia has seemed to alleviate. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I am currently taking propecia and had a ht of 2000 grafts 14 months ago with mediocre at best results. My problem now is I have areas of my scalp that have small chunks of dead skin. some of them have hairs attached to them when they come off. Not sure if the propecia is part of the issue although i started using it prior to my transplant and didn't get these chunks of dead skin. I have tried nizoral and revita but if anything they seem to make it worse. I have had dandruff for a long time especially in the winter and had seborrhea which the Propecia has seemed to alleviate. Any feedback would be appreciated.

My advice is to get in touch with a top hair transplant surgeon/ dermatologist - or better still Dr Jerry cooley - I believe he is both!

It sounds as though you have dry/ sensitive skin. You can contact your general practitioner who can put you in touch with a dermatologist in your area - although most gp's might just want to prescribe you a topical steroid. You could try a tar based shampoo, like t/gel, or salicylic acid based one for sensitive skin, also by t/gel I think.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here: