What is the follow up supposed to be after a hair transplant

I am just curious. I had a transplant (fut) nearly five months ago and it is going really well, fantastic really. I had great follow up within the first couple weeks. In fact the first night after my surgery I had to call the doctor and he met me back at the clinic to inject more numbing solution.

After all the hair washing and staple removal I haven't heard anything from them. I am a bit stubborn and I haven't called them either but part of me thinks that they would want to make sure everything is going well, or perhaps want some follow up pictures. I just feel a little disappointed in that aspect. Is it normal to not have any further follow up?

Edited by Bobdillan01
Grammer

Dr. Mohebi saw me at 3, 6, and 12 months per scheduled appointments made immediately following my HT. He does that with everyone. But every Doc is different so pick up that phone if you have a concern or want to stop in for a quick look see.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Most clinics check in around the 6 and 12 month mark, some even around the 18 month mark, just to get a sense of the full effect of growth.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016