anything new in the past year? fue docs? improve scarring?

hey guys, been a year since ive been here. going in for my second fue soon, and i just wanted to catch up.

are there any new fue docs on the horizon? last time i was here only feller and smg were the main contenders. and rahal seemed top for strip. still the same?

improving results. anything new reccomended for me to apply before and after for aiding healing, growth, and scarring?

thanks guys icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by hairwaiting:

hey guys, been a year since ive been here. going in for my second fue soon, and i just wanted to catch up.

are there any new fue docs on the horizon? last time i was here only feller and smg were the main contenders. and rahal seemed top for strip. still the same?

improving results. anything new reccomended for me to apply before and after for aiding healing, growth, and scarring?

thanks guys icon_smile.gif

Were you not happy with your first FUE? Why not go back to the same doctor?

Everyone has a different opinion about who the "best" are. So that changes everyday, depending on who you talk to.

But the docs you mention all seem to still have good reps. I got FUE with Umar and like it.

But I don't think that there have been any revolutionary developments in techniques in the last 12 months. Strip docs are getting better at closing the scars. FUE docs are coming out with more patient results. But thats about the extent of it.

Some docs are experimenting with different ways (platelet rich blood and such) of increasing healing and lowering transection rates, but they havent shown verifiable results as of yet.

• 4 weeks later...

hairwaiting,after my 2nd strip transplant i was give an after care package with graftcyte products .to be honest didnt notice any difference in healing and felt it was not worth the xtra money ipaid hope this helps