New to the site ready to interview Doctors

Wanted some insight from people who have actually pulled the trigger.

I'm ready to go ahead with this, but wanted some pointers. I just turned 34, I noticed some thinning happening around 27 but was in denial about it. By 30 my hair was on full on retreat. I am not opposed to traveling if necessary but would prefer to stay local(Dallas/Ft. Worth). I have requested a consultation time from Dr. Arocha here locally, but wondered if there were others I should consult with locally or other places even outside the state. Any advice is appreciated. Also I have attached some pictures below to get an idea of what I am looking at.

5b32f27166a57_FullSizeRender(1).thumb.jpg.4dbd579203afe5df0bdb9d49027e1a38.jpg

5b32f2717d606_FullSizeRender(2).thumb.jpg.1165a3bea65dbd9574f91e85d80cc13e.jpg

5b32f271a302f_FullSizeRender(3).thumb.jpg.dc3ce420ae40e11ec7ee5dbc459b2e05.jpg

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.ad5fcab8efda680d1b3043f00d06847e.jpg

I took Propecia for a hot minute when I was younger, but it was expensive for my budget at the time. Could afford it now, but never have gone back to it.

I am open to either. I just want the best results so whichever would best accomplish that for me.

You have a diffused thinning pattern and I agree that hair loss meds like low dose finasteride would be of great benefit to slow down your thinning.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Did you experience any side effects? If not, why not get back on it, as well as minoxidil. Will help a lot. As far as the type of procedure, many ppl recommend fut to maximize your grafts. I chose fue for the fact that I wear my hair short. #1 or less guard on the sides.

Please consider generic finasteride, I think you can benefit from it.

It can be obtained affordably and safely in American pharmacies.

Simply get a prescription for finasteride generics from your GP or dermatologist, and if you have a prescription membership at either Walgreens, CVS, Costco or Walmart you should be able to buy them inexpensively.

For example, I pay a 20 dollar a year prescription membership at Walgreens, and get monthly refills of generic finasteride under the generic brand of Teva for $6 dollars.

Very budget friendly, $72 dollars a year plus the Walgreens membership means finasteride costs me $92 a year to protect my hair.

Additional $50 co-pay if you factor in the doctor visit to write the prescription.

Very affordable that route, no insurance necessary, please look into it.

PS I live in Texas too, so I understand the frustration of figuring out what route to take for surgical options, there weren't many recommended options locally, and so I ultimately went out of state.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016