Almost all Doctors use techs, how do we pick a doctor? How did you pick your Doctor?

Hi,

I am strongly considering getting a HT. I have read too many reviews and I need everyones opinion.

People say stay away from tech mills (obviously) but even the best doctors use techs to do most of their work.

The best respected doctors with the greatest work do not do all the surgery themselves.

How much of the surgery should the doctor perform?

Drawing of the hairline?

Extraction?

Incision?

Implant?

Anesthesia?

How many patients per doctor per day is an acceptable/ethical number?

Anything else?

Please give me any information you can. I need to know as much as I can before I choose a physician.

Just like everything in life money is a major factor.

Currently I can get a surgery from a doctor that I have seen on here with good reviews with what I have in my budget. Or I can save up a little bit more and go to a better recommended doctor. But the better recommended doctor uses techs to do most of his work just like the doctor that I can afford now.

I'm not sure what to do and I appreciate any feedback.

How did you decide on your doctor? How much of your surgery was done by a tech versus the actual doctor?

Thank you,

Michael

This video should help you actually see what parts of the procedure the doctor should be performing himself. He should also do everything on your list except graft placement. The clinic should use full time in-house technicians and each should use a microscope for dissection. Make sure, also, they are cutting true follicular units and not minigrafts that they are calling follicular units. Look at the implanted grafts at the end of the video, that is top notch hair transplanting and the clinic you are considering should be able to show you, literally, a hundred of these in past patients. Good luck and growth.

As Dr Feller explained, there are parts of the procedure that the doctor performs and parts that are handled by the technicians. Technicians are necessary - essential even - and their role shouldn't be seen in a negative way.

Think of it like this: you choose a surgeon based on their reputation for consistent results and when you do so you are choosing a carefully selected team. The team is responsible for those results. Technicians undergo intensive training and many will have been working with the surgeon for years.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thank you Dr. Feller and Matt.

The point about using true follicular units and not minigrafts is something that many may not consider and is probably understated.

Good point about choosing a doctor with proven results and reputation based on past patients. Doctors hand pick their technicians to represent themselves. They are a team.

This video should help you actually see what parts of the procedure the doctor should be performing himself. He should also do everything on your list except graft placement. The clinic should use full time in-house technicians and each should use a microscope for dissection. Make sure, also, they are cutting true follicular units and not minigrafts that they are calling follicular units. Look at the implanted grafts at the end of the video, that is top notch hair transplanting and the clinic you are considering should be able to show you, literally, a hundred of these in past patients. Good luck and growth.

Dr. Feller,

I wanted to clarify what you said in regards to using the microscope.

Did you mean they need glasses/goggles that had a microscope on them while they extract or implant?

or

Did you mean after the grafts are removed that they need to use a microscope to check the graft whether it was healthy, how many hairs it has on it...?

Thank you so much,

Michael