Shockloss When Are You Safe?

Hey All,

I know that there is not 1 rule, and no 2 people are the same when it comes to shockloss - but at what point can you stop wondering if it's going to happen to you?

There must be a point when it comes very very unlikely you will suffer shockloss; 3, 4 or 5 months post-op?

Hey All,

I know that there is not 1 rule, and no 2 people are the same when it comes to shockloss - but at what point can you stop wondering if it's going to happen to you?

There must be a point when it comes very very unlikely you will suffer shockloss; 3, 4 or 5 months post-op?

Shock loss, as you know, is hair loss that results from the trauma of surgery. You may notice some shock loss in the weeks following surgery.

3, 4, or 5 months post-op? No. Hair loss at this stage ??“ if you experience any, that is ??“ is the result of progressive MPB or some other cause. In terms of shock loss, though, you are in the clear.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

new2thissite,

I have to agree with TheHairLossCure. Any hair loss beyond the 3rd month is most likely the progression of male pattern baldness. In my experience, I usually experienced shock loss at it's worst around the 5th week and usually by the 10th week, hair would gradually start to return.

If you had your procedure November 10th, you could still be experiencing some shock loss in my opinon.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for the additional information Bill. In two days, it will be four weeks since I had my procedure. So far it appears minimal shock loss. I thought I was out of the woods but the 5th starts next week, so wait and see about additional shock loss. (Pictures posted today on weblog.) Thank again.

Mrkneed,

The most likely places you may suffer shockloss are, the donor area and the receipt area, diffused thinners seem to suffer it more then receders.

In most cases the hair will return and mostly the hair that does not is hair that was on it's way out.