finasteride+rogaine+ nizoral??

primomusic

Hi guys how are you. I read a couple some threads and heard about these medicine treatments AKA the big 3. I would like to start on meds as well other than go for a HT. Just was a little confused on where to start. Here are some questions I had. thanks guys in advance.

- Rogaine is minoxil correct, what it be best to go with the kirkland brand?

- There are several minoxil products foams , liquid, which would I go with?

- Where would I be able to buy Finasteride and nizoral?

thanks so much guys. I was gonna book a HT here in chicago but realized its important to stabilize my hair first so wanted to try this.

5b32f1b32d829_Photoon2013-05-10at11_275.jpg.45ab40aab4c150a874eb2b082f11d8ff.jpg

5b32f1b33be8c_Photoon2013-05-10at11_303.jpg.c053bfa81070467f8f40528f997e0054.jpg

-I have been using the Kirkland 5% for years. its good

-I have been using the liquid, but it can dry out your scalp and hair and cause dandruff. Some guys react real bad to it. That's why a lot of guys use the foam, it doesn't dry out your scalp.

-you can usually get a good deal on online for nizoral and most pharmacies should have it too. Finasteride (you need a prescription) at a pharmacy.

Maybe you're not as cheap as me, but I use the three treatments for about $100/year

-6months minox off ebay $20x2=$40

-3months RX finasteride (I take half dose)from costco $20X2=$40

-a bottle of nizoral off ebay is about $15 or $20

Hi guys how are you. I read a couple some threads and heard about these medicine treatments AKA the big 3. I would like to start on meds as well other than go for a HT. Just was a little confused on where to start. Here are some questions I had. thanks guys in advance.

- Rogaine is minoxil correct, what it be best to go with the kirkland brand?

- There are several minoxil products foams , liquid, which would I go with?

- Where would I be able to buy Finasteride and nizoral?

thanks so much guys. I was gonna book a HT here in chicago but realized its important to stabilize my hair first so wanted to try this.

- Yes, Rogaine is minoxidil. I use liquid either Target (Up & Up) or Wal-Mart generic brand.

- According to what I known, liquid supposedly is more effective; you may have to tolerate the irritation.

- Doctor prescription for finasteride. Go to Costco for that, it's Proscar 5 mg (same as finasteride) divided into {four} 1.25 mg for daily intake; you have to cut them up yourself. It costs me about $20 for a year worth. But for a doctor's prescription, it's $60. So total of about $80 per year.

-

-you can usually get a good deal on online for nizoral and most pharmacies should have it too. Finasteride (you need a prescription) at a pharmacy.

But don't you have to be careful when ordering the stuff online? Do you know if there is an expiration date on these over the counter medications?

But don't you have to be careful when ordering the stuff online? Do you know if there is an expiration date on these over the counter medications?

The Kirkland brand minoxidil I have been buying for years is a big brand I have seen it in stores too. Most the vendors on ebay who sell minoxidil are legit. It even says how much they have sold. Usually it thousands or tens of thousands. It wouldn't be worth the effort and risk to sell you fake stuff. The only thing I try to avoid is vendors that sell the monthly minoxidil containers individually. I only buy the sealed box.

There is an expiration on minoxidil usually it says on the ebay listing. I never received expired minox

Wow so the liquid is more effective. Definitely will look into that. In the morning I usually put gel in my hair can I use gel with the liquid and foam in there. Wouldn't my hair be damped?

Normally, you are supposed to let the liquid or foam settled or dried in hair (normally takes about an hour or two) before you can style your hair any way you want.

However, it is written on the box that you should apply the minoxidil liquid or foam {twice} a day. So, you have to plan on how to apply it, and then styling it. (For me, I only apply once a day since I have had several HTs now, and my hair is fuller now. I don't need to apply it more than once a day to maintain the transplanted hairs on my head.)

Wishing you luck and on your coming HT. :)

Thank you guys so much for your responses. really helps me alot. I will make a trip to Costco tomorrow and by the minoxil. I Think i will am toward the liquid since you said its more effective. Just have to figure out the times to let it dry and apply hair gel. So where does the nizoral come in. I heard some very bad stories about it and not sure about it. I still need to get a good shampoo and conditioner. What would you guys recommend?

Thank you guys so much for your responses. really helps me alot. I will make a trip to Costco tomorrow and by the minoxil. I Think i will am toward the liquid since you said its more effective. Just have to figure out the times to let it dry and apply hair gel. So where does the nizoral come in. I heard some very bad stories about it and not sure about it. I still need to get a good shampoo and conditioner. What would you guys recommend?

I use Johnson's Baby Shampoo. I'm OCD about what goes into my hair, even before, during and after my HTs. I want to avoid toxic ingredients in regular shampoos like Sodium Lauryl Sulfate/Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) and Cocamidopropyl Betaine. (I did my research, but there will be people who will express their different opinion about this.)

Johnson's Baby shampoo to me helps my hair smell and feel great. I also feel my hair is shiny and healthy by using it. And I wash my hair everyday. I've been using it ever since my third HT.

I used to use Nioxin way in the past, but...did like it. I'm sure it's good stuff. I remember it was too pricey for me. Even though I could afford it now; but nah...

Oh, and I haven't yet tried Nizoral. I know all about it. I shall soon try.

nizoral is just shampoo, nothing too crazy. Its really not seen as much of an effective treatment as minox or fin but a lot of evidence says it helps.

People say different things on how often to use it. I use it every other day. Just lather in your hair and let it sit for 10 min or whatever.

I'm not a big fan of Nizoral due to the harsh ingredients and overuse can do more harm than good to your hair including massive shedding so be careful of using Niz.

The other two can help.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)