the 3/4th fue punch of Dr.A

eg

I read on another forum about a basic safe fue tool whose details Dr.Arvind has mentioned.

Any info in that respect will be helpful.

Have any other doctors used or plan to use a similar punch/needle.

(He says its safer than a routine fue micropunch).

I read on another forum about a basic safe fue tool whose details Dr.Arvind has mentioned.

Any info in that respect will be helpful.

Have any other doctors used or plan to use a similar punch/needle.

(He says its safer than a routine fue micropunch).

To my knowledge, other FUE doctors do not use a punch. Maybe this is just a case of terminology confusion though.

Most FUE docs seem to 'score' the scalp and then use other tools to free the graft, and pull it out.

I don't know what technique Dr. Woods uses, but it seemed to be as I just described above. The resulting grafts did NOT look like cylinders... they had a small amount of scalp tissue at the top, and at the root they bulged out (as they are naturally constructed) with no extra tissue down below. If they had been punched, then the graft would have looked like a "tube" shape.

You can read more about Dr. AP's comments regarding the difference of his approach in FUSE vs FUE at his website.

FUSE stands for Follicular Unit Seperation Extraction which is a technique that seperates the graft safely upon extraction by cutting it rather than the 'pulling' of the tissue that FUE employs. It decreases transection and has less damage potential for the grafts. It helps to prevent the crimping of grafts. FUE does involve the employment of a punch to make the initial incisions for extraction.

Dr. Poswal has become so efficient in his "feel" of the instrumentation based on the many cases he has done to date. He is very skilled at following the angulation of the hair sheath. Most FUE surgeons are using the 1mm punch.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY