How evident is FUE scarring if you keep your hair over 2cm

Need help everyone. I have had too many grafts put in the frontal third and one prominent surgeon on here has recommended FUEing them elsewhere. I have my hair on top at least 2cm and the FUEing would be behind the hairline. However an advisor of another clinic said I should not do that because the FUE scars will be visible. Apparently they are more visible on the top of the head rather than the sides and back. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I am perplexed by this whole issue as I have seen very good FUE surgeons take thousands of beard grafts and you cannot see scars. I would of thought if my hair is over 2cm FUE would not be a problem. I thought FUE had evolved over the years and not still in the big pokeadot holes scars age.

How it was determined that there was "too much" work done in your frontal zone. The last thing you want done is to have some of those grafts removed unless it is absolutely necessary. IMHO, this would create additional significant trauma to the area. Wondering how could this have happened in the first place?

The extraction sites can potentially be red for awhile depending in how collagen proficient the area is and how well you heal. In addition, the reason the recipient area can potentially show more of the extraction sites is because the donor area in the back on the head is typically much more dense and will hide the extractions better. The recipient areas tend to be less dense and more thin.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

If you look at my story on my post history it will explain why this happened.

I appreciate the reply. Though my surgeon assures me they will not be visible to the naked eye at that length. I have never done FUE before so I need to know how visible the scaring will be. I have seen BHT on the beard and you cannot see the white dots so surely hair on 2cm must be fine? What bunch size do the top docs use 0.6mm?

How it was determined that there was "too much" work done in your frontal zone. The last thing you want done is to have some of those grafts removed unless it is absolutely necessary. IMHO, this would create additional significant trauma to the area. Wondering how could this have happened in the first place?

I would have to fully agree with the Gilenator.

If anything just transplant in front of them if it looks pluggy or unnatural or in between existing hairs if density is the issue.

As to the original question, it depends on the doctor and his technique as well as the punch size used. Smaller is better but your hair caliber and FU size will determine how small they can go. I have had as small as .7mm used on me but only because I have fine caliber hair.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)