Thoughts on clinics where techs do the work

Just to close out this thread - After serious thought I am heavily leaning towards not going ahead with the Turkish clinic.

I don't mind a team of techs being used for the procedure, but the fact the clinic runs 4 procedures in parallel and that the physician will only be in the room now and then to check up on me is something I can't get comfortable with.

Trust your gut on this one.

I can respect that. But unfortunately given the large demand for these clinics the doctors have no choice but to hire a team of trained techs to do their work for them. I do agree with you wholeheartedly. It is the nature of the business now.

I'm not sure I totally agree with this. The doctors do have a choice. They choose to use techs to save money and increase profit. Good for them, not good for unlucky customers who get an inexperienced or a less talented tech. Until techs are required to to be better qualified and their work accounted for there will be that X-factor in any HT that relies on them as part of the procedure.

I'm not sure I totally agree with this. The doctors do have a choice. They choose to use techs to save money and increase profit. Good for them, not good for unlucky customers who get an inexperienced or a less talented tech. Until techs are required to to be better qualified and their work accounted for there will be that X-factor in any HT that relies on them as part of the procedure.

Completely agree. There's no one forcing doctors to utilize a tech-centric business model. That is a choice - and quite possibly a choice made to increase the # of surgeries they can perform and therefore the amount of money they can make

I'm not sure I totally agree with this. The doctors do have a choice. They choose to use techs to save money and increase profit. Good for them, not good for unlucky customers who get an inexperienced or a less talented tech. .

That is a choice - and quite possibly a choice made to increase the # of surgeries they can perform and therefore the amount of money they can make

That was the same point I made.