when did ht docs start recommending vit e applied to recipient area after transplant?

random512

See subject line. I had an HT in 01/07, 06/07 and 12/11 and none of the HT docs recommended applying vit e oil to the recipient area.

This was recommended for my HT that I had 2 weeks ago. I can really tell that it's making a difference. I even applied some vit e oil to a semi-hypertrophic scar on my body and within 1 hour it reduced swelling by 80%.

I've read several other posts online recently of other doctors recommending vit e oil on the recipient area. So when did this become standard practice? And can anyone here speak to the results of a full HT cycle without vit e oil vs the results of a full HT cycle *with* vit e oil?

Dr. Hasson was recommending at least as far back as in 2010, I used it post-op after my procedure with him.

It may have great healing properties but I found the stickiness very hard to deal with as I have an ample amount of native hair, and because of that never used in subsequent procedures.

Seems most European FUE clinics don't recommend it as far as I remember, at least I don't recall it being on the "to use" list.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)