Alcohol free matte clay or hairspray? What do you HT guys use?

Hello everyone,

I was starting to do a bit of research to see what good styling products are out there, while being HT friendly. I was looking for a matte clay, or alcohol free hairspray.

Ideally the overuse of toppik and the alcohol in the gallons of hairspray I would need to style my hair definitely did not help with my hair loss situation. I recently had an FUT and I want to take a smart approach this time around to make sure I dont make the same mistake. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

-Sam

Having a HT shouldn't make a difference in the products you use. The transplanted hairs can be treated exactly the same as native hairs when it comes to styling. Which products you should use varies from person to person depending on your hair type, scalp sensitivity, etc. i.e. I'm allergic to all Crew products and have learned to avoid them completely. I currently use a leave in conditioner called Silk Miracle 7 that I put in after the shower and let my hair air dry. Then I use Rene Furterer Matte Look/Modeling Paste to add texture. Both of these products are relatively light, and anything much heavier makes my sensitive scalp super dry and itchy. Neither of them have alcohol, either. It really is a lot of trial and error unfortunately, but I've found that specific paste/product to be what works best for me.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56