Some Questions

Guys

I have a bunch of questions that you guys probably can answer here:

1. I started using the OTC Minox 5% liquid about 2 weeks ago. My scalp and forehead have started itching since then and there is also a hint of skin flaking. I stopped using minox and am now wondering if it was because of the propylene glycol (as suggested in some other thread here). Is there an alternative to this, like a minox and hydrocortisone combination or something? Or will rogaine foam be less irritating than the liquid?

2. If I were to to take a plunge and go get a HT done, is it possible for the surgeon to leave the existing hair as it is, and perform the surgery? I heard on this forum that the surgeon usually shaves off the head and then start the surgery. IS doing that absolutely necessary?

3. What usually is the recommended time between HT surgeries. I am a NW6 and I am sure I will need 2 sessions to see some reasonable scalp coverage. If I get one this May, would December be soon enough to get another HT done?

Thanks Guys

R

Guys

I have a bunch of questions that you guys probably can answer here:

1. I started using the OTC Minox 5% liquid about 2 weeks ago. My scalp and forehead have started itching since then and there is also a hint of skin flaking. I stopped using minox and am now wondering if it was because of the propylene glycol (as suggested in some other thread here). Is there an alternative to this, like a minox and hydrocortisone combination or something? Or will rogaine foam be less irritating than the liquid?

2. If I were to to take a plunge and go get a HT done, is it possible for the surgeon to leave the existing hair as it is, and perform the surgery? I heard on this forum that the surgeon usually shaves off the head and then start the surgery. IS doing that absolutely necessary?

3. What usually is the recommended time between HT surgeries. I am a NW6 and I am sure I will need 2 sessions to see some reasonable scalp coverage. If I get one this May, would December be soon enough to get another HT done?

Thanks Guys

R

1. I heard that foam is less irritating, you can try and see. More knowledgeable members will maybe reply in this matter, but I think you should try the foam first and then decide.

2. Good question, this was extremely important for me. Since I wanted to repair my previous old (14 years) HT, this was the deciding factor to pick up a doctor. My old scar is very wide and my previous grafts are plugs. My job is in an office and it was impossible to visit H&W or Rahal for example. The previous scar and old grafts-plugs would have shown for months if shaved. It depends of what you have to do afterwards and for how long you can hide or wear a hat. However since you are not repairing anything, the closure of the scar from today's top doctors will not show after a month, I guess.

3. The standard is at least a year, which I believe is correct, as the transplanted hairs will reach full grown. Also if you continue Minoxidil (and propecia/proscar especially) you need at least a year to stabilize hair loss and see if you have any re-growth.