Native Hair Damage - FUE ???

Hi All,

I've been in discussion with a few doctors and am planning an FUE procedure early in 2017. Since my online consultations and sending pics my hair has responded well to Minox & Fin and I have some new growth at the middle of my top scalp.

I still need a procedure as my hairline has completely gone. The docs are recommending approx. 3000 grafts but I am worried now that any treatment will damage the new/existing hair I have. Is this an issue I should be concerned about?

See pics attached which show frontal area to be treated and donor area.

Thanks in advance,

H.

IMG_0949.thumb.JPG.21085440d185fc541b014ad59035424d.JPG

IMG_0950.thumb.JPG.dff11696713a5b543b0b94c6f6e7f190.JPG

IMG_0992.thumb.JPG.bf45d582c6be3afc0930390f48465eac.JPG

Any skilled HT surgeon will be able to work within your native hair. And sooner or later that native hair will be lost just through the natural progression of MPB. The reason I say that is although you may be experiencing some degree of new growth from the medications, that hair is still DHT receptive and diffusing.

The risk you are facing is more related to shock loss, but again, that native hair is on its way out and at least the new grafts being used are terminal hair that is DHT resistant and more permanent as it regrows.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Magnification with a trained eye would be a simple solution with an experienced and skilled doctor and team. Thanks for sharing.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians