FUE in combination with Micro Hair Pigmentation

Hi Guys,

What is your view on FUE in combination with SMP/MHP? I am planning on this combo for numerous reasons but especially as I like to keep my hair short. Let's say you are a NW4/5 or have diffuse thinning that eventually will bring you even to a NW6+. How many grafts would you need roughly nailed into your scalp to create a real feeling of a buzzed haircut when you combine it with SMP? As you still have (transplanted) hairs could you get away with longer hair (e.g. 2 - 5 mm (apologies for using the metric system but dividing 2,54 by 8 is too difficult for a fool like me)) compared to SMP guys that are completely bald on top?

I have recently done 2800 grafts divided over all three part, and although I wouldn't mind having another procedure done in the future, I would like to "buy time" using SMP and keep it buzzed. I also don't fancy staying on fina indefinately.

Some say you can achieve the same result with half the grafts when you combine it with SMP. What is your opinion?

I have a consult in a few weeks with an SMP provider. Which questions should I not forget to ask?

What would be your main advantages / disadvantages for combining FUE with SMP?

Personally my hope is that the combo can work miracles as you can create the density with the SMP and the feel / 3d effect with the FUE. And you can keep your donor reserves for later.

Thanks guys!