Video Dr. Lindsey Fixing a hairline and why not to sprinkle hair

In this video, I show how we "fix" a sparse hairline with dense packing, and the intraop technique of packing along side existing but spaced out grafts is shown. Also we go over why not to simply fall into the trap of sprinkling a little hair over a lot of bald head....

The video is:

Dr. Lindsey

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 2 weeks later...

Voxman...you're alive. I haven't your posts in a while.

Hey man, some 70 year olds are physiologically in their low 50s, and some 30 year olds are 60. I vividly recall the farm hand at our family farm, who at his ripe old age of 23 (although he looked about 45) had all of his teeth pulled as it was cheaper than going to the dentist yearly and buying toothpaste. His sister, aged 19, agreed and did the same... While he was only 8 years or so older than me chronologically, I'd be surprised if he made it to 50.

Same is true in hair and even in facelifts. YESTERDAY I had 2 women come in with a guy we'd done 3000 grafts on. I had done a lift on lady 1, about 4 years ago...but she has skin that is not aging well....her friend, actually older, had great skin and features..she's simply blessed with better genes. I'd bet lots of money that in the next 10 years or so, we'll have real diagnostic tools that show your actual physiologic age and therefore recuperative powers, and likely candidacy for all kinds of surgery. I posted a guy a few months ago, that is a medical scientist who is working on all kinds of good stuff that he says will actually slow genetic degradation. You and I might be too old for that, but our kids will almost certainly have options to slow physiologic aging and improve quality of life after 60.

Dr. Lindsey

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr. Lindsey:

Interesting video. Thank you for sharing. I agree with dense packing in the hairline region. Focusing follicular units here in significant numbers seems crucial for an acceptable hairline.

Research, research, research!

Doctors I'm considering:

FUT:

-Feller

-Hasson

-Konior

Voxman...you're alive. I haven't (seen) your posts in a while.

Dr. Lindsey, I hope you know I was being facetious!

I turn 67 this month and between work, the Classic Rock band, the Moody Blues Tribute Band, and rebuilding my back yard, I feel pretty good about 'getting old' and my last transplant! Gotta keep the Long Hair Club intact. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=100202&d=1478108066

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Well it;s being very nice to share a video like that it is very good for people who are looking for ..

This is like a game show - you have to fill in the last part of the sentence.

Well it's being very nice to share a video like that it is very good for people who are looking for ...their lost dog? Their Car Keys? Their Inner Self?

Outstanding. I'm logging an hour a day on my guitar and have fantasies about putting the Posse back together and playing. Except when anyone watches me play my fingers get caught in the strings.

You may have seen pics of our patients and me at various concerts. Here's a guy with me that we did 3000 grafts on, he got a 20 year younger girlfriend, now his wife...

And several others have gone with Wendy and me to ZOSO and THE MACHINE, great zep and floyd tributes. Going again this Sat.

Dr. L

3.5yearwithbox.thumb.jpg.07abc1315deffadd471325bc24e6e91d.jpg

McLean, VA

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

You stay away from those sharp guitar strings - the world is better of with your fingers handling hair grafts!!