SMP Advertising: Buzz cut vs Shaved Head label

I've seen a lot of SMP providers labeling their clients' results as having the "buzz cut look".

Then when I look at the photos of the clients, they have no hair at all and only dots to replicate what follicles would look like shaved very closely with a bic razor. I think if you asked most unbiased people their opinion of many of the smp results photos, they would use the words "Bald" or "Skinhead" to describe the men in the photos. But words like that don't sell treatments, i get it. Marketing

I feel like labeling smp results as being "buzz cut look" is a bit misleading and borderline false advertising. Buzz cut implies there is hair on the scalp, yet the majority of clients who have smp seem to be pretty high on the norwood scale and have little to no hair at all.

Uban Dictionary Definition

Buzz Cut: A head sheared all over with a clipper to a length of 1/2 to one inch.

Wikipedia Definition

Buzz Cut: any of a variety of short hairstyles usually designed with electric clippers.

If you had a full head of hair and went to a barber and asked for a buzz cut, he would most likely ask you how short and suggest options of guards 5-9 with clippers, roughly hair length from more than 1/2 of an inch to 1 and a quarter inches long.

Simply by using Google images I searched "Buzz Cut" and found many results, very few of which look anything like the client photos from smp providers. Below are three of the images that came up. What really seems messed up is that many providers are posting similar images on their websites for advertising purposes.

buzzcut1.jpg.2b450bb3ec5753d78760fe090c938d53.jpg

buzzcut2.thumb.jpg.2d4e4c48ff345c7e8f471815a4d73c45.jpg

buzzcut3.jpg.ab1b5743927a0b1b48190554bf1df5d1.jpg

Shaved head suggests just that, a person who has shaved his or her head. Buzz cut implies haircut. You wouldn't go to a barber to get your head shaved but you would go to him to get a buzz cut. There is a big difference.

When speaking of Scalp Micropigmentation "Shaved Head" is accurate and "Buzz Cut" is simply incorrect and misleading. SMP is Incapable of providing the "buzz cut look" but can give the appearance of a naturally shaved head.

I did a google image search using the words "Shaved Head" and below are a few images that came up of celebs with shaved heads. They look much more similar to SMP results photos that I observe on forums and websites.

shavedheadbc.jpg.06ae2d53091129354cb53fa1107350be.jpg

shavedheadMD.thumb.jpg.8824768be994f17b6d471ae2ec2754d8.jpg

shavedheadHJ.jpg.0418a81a68aa1416106655336973bb13.jpg