Post-op questions

Hello everyone,

Felt like I would ask some questions to put myself at ease.

I slept with the airplane pillow during the first night in an elevated position as specified by the doctor and everything was fine. However, it was very uncomfortable for me during the second night so I just slept on my donor area in the same position with a towel on the pillows directly. I woke up 2 hours later and there was some blood on the towel. No grafts were lost, i did not sleep nor rub my recipient area as the transplanted areas were only the hairline and mid-scalp. The blood was from the donor. Is this fine/normal?

Second, will applying a saline spray to both the donor and recipient cause any harm?

And third, before my HT, I had a very oily scalp. When I look in the mirror now after my hair transplant, the scalp is extremely, extremely oily. What does this mean and can it affect my grafts?

Thank you in advance for the help :)

Good sleep is important for both the physical healing and mental positive thinking required after the procedure. Poor sleep can make you feel bad and fret even more on little things.

Do what you need to sleep well, but be careful to protect the grafted area until at least day 10.

Some bleeding the second night seems normal as long as it's minimal. Did you undergo FUE or FUT btw?

I don't think applying saline spray will hurt the donor but check with your doctor on it.

Also I don't think an oily scalp will hurt the grafts and actually could provide some much needed moisture, as a lot of us experience dry skin/hard crusting/dandruff after a procedure.

Are you on Propecia btw? Just starting Fin can cause some oily scalp, and also those originally suffering from MPB report of very oily scalps and increased sebum production

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Good sleep is important for both the physical healing and mental positive thinking required after the procedure. Poor sleep can make you feel bad and fret even more on little things.

Do what you need to sleep well, but be careful to protect the grafted area until at least day 10.

Some bleeding the second night seems normal as long as it's minimal. Did you undergo FUE or FUT btw?

I don't think applying saline spray will hurt the donor but check with your doctor on it.

Also I don't think an oily scalp will hurt the grafts and actually could provide some much needed moisture, as a lot of us experience dry skin/hard crusting/dandruff after a procedure.

Are you on Propecia btw? Just starting Fin can cause some oily scalp, and also those originally suffering from MPB report of very oily scalps and increased sebum production

Thank you for the reply. Yes it was minimal and only from the donor area which was on the pillow. Recipient area was not touched. You said saline spray to the donor is fine, how about the recipient? No I haven't started Fin. Was on minoxidil prior to surgery but stopped it 2-3 weeks before my hair transplant as per the doctor's instructions.