What to Expect 4 Months Post-op

Hey Everyone,

So I've just booked an FUT procedure to restore my hairline with Dr. Rahal for Jan 31 2017. Now I'm very excited/nervous. I'm wondering what I can expect for 4 months post op. Dr Rahal shaves down the recipient area. I plan to keep the rest of my hair long at least at first to see if I'm able to style it in some way that can cover up my hairline while I'm at work, as I'd prefer to keep as secret as possible. However, I have no clue if that'll work or not (anyone ever had success with that?) Outside of work I already wear hats pretty much every day so no one will think anything of that. The real reason I ask is because my sisters wedding is on June 2 2017 and I am a part of the wedding party. I do have a native frontal tuft that is pretty thin that will be shaved down. I'm hoping to not experience shock loss but who knows. With Toppik I can make things look pretty good as I currently stand, but idk what to expect in terms of new hair coming in by that point or how much native hair will have grown back.

I really just am curious to know if people think I will be at a point where I will be able to cover it up with Toppik as I am currently able to.

I am 4.5 months post op from FUT and my hair is beginning to show signs of life, but I hope and believe I am no where near the finish line as far as growth. I sort of planned my surgery back in May for a niece's wedding on Oct 21st. I knew I would not be near being filled in, but mostly past the "escaped mental patient look" at almost the 5 month mark for the big wedding. Although I have stopped using fiber concealer, for the special occasion I will use a bit of Nanogen fiber concealer and I think I will look fine.

My previous surgery started really showing decent results at the 7 month mark and continued filling in right up to the one year mark. Every patient is different, so it is hard to predict.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.