One week until my transplant and feeling nervous!

I'm due to fly from the UK to Istanbul for surgery with Dr Demirsoy in a week.

I keep thinking i must be overlooking something really obvious in terms of things to bring with me. I only just realised it makes sense to wear a shirt instead of a t-shirt so it doesn't touch the grafts. So i was wondering is there anything else along those lines i should take or do?

I went to Dr. Demirsoy 11 weeks ago check out my thread, how many grafts will you get? I regret not getting a fin script from him and fin from turkey. You can already buy some biotin. Some moisturizing cream as well to remove the scabs at 9 days post-op. A sun umbrella in case you have to walk outside after your operation. That's all I can think about.

I brought a good travel pillow with me to India. it was very supportive and held my head straight. It kept the back of my head from touching the pillow when I slept and the airplane seat.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks gman, just read through your thread. Very interesting, i'll be keeping an eye on it as you hopefully get a great result over the next few months.

I've been quoted as needing 2800-3000 grafts.

I don't know if the doctor will do my temple points though, Muzzafer has been a bit vague about that, saying they'll only know if i'm suitable for that once they inspect my hair in person.

Do they not provide the moisturising cream? If not, what type did you buy? (Actually i'm only traveling with hand luggage so there might be rules about taking creams or liquids on board anyway)

I'm not considering fin but i will resume minoxodil at a suitable time afterwards (how long did you wait?)

Oh one final question, did you wear a hat or bandana on the journey back to the UK?