Cessation of Side Effects after cutting Fin dosage?

Has anyone on this forum ever experienced sexual side effects from finasteride, then cut their dosage of finasteride, and had their sexual side effects subside with the lower dosage?

I am considering a HT in the near future, but the biggest mental hurdle I have is a fear that my HT will be ineffective long term without the use of finasteride. I took 1.25 mg daily finasteride about 10 years ago (quartered Proscar) and within 3 months experienced terrible bouts of impotence and sexual dysfunction. I stopped taking finasteride immediately and my sexual function returned 100%.

I would really like to address my hair loss with a HT and am considering trying perhaps .5 mg finasteride daily to make it worthwhile. Is this too risky? Is there any evidence that reducing the finasteride intake by about 60% would lessen or eliminate side effects?

Anyone have any experiences with this?

Without finasteride, it's not that your future HT would be ineffective, it's the {existing} hairs around the transplanted hairs that would likely thin out. Since most of the {back} hairs extracted usually grow for the lifetime, when transplanted to the front or top will continue to grow for the lifetime.

Many who take it differently usually take M W F each week but with still 1.25 mg.

I take fin 1.25 mg everyday without side effects.

Best wishes for you.