Shampoo Change FUE post op 4 weeks

Hi all,

Tuesday will see the 1 month milestone since my FUE.

For the last 2 weeks I've been using baby shampoo to wash my whole head as per instruction from my surgeon.

My plan is to move onto Nanogen as of Tuesday (4 weeks post op). Can anyone foresee any issues with this?

Thanks in advance,

Jay

At 4 weeks post-op, you should be able to be back to your normal hair routine. For example, our patients who use Rogaine as part of their hair regimen are instructed to begin using it again right after the first week of their hair transplant (on day 8). As always though, it's best to run this by your surgeon if it's something you're really concerned about, as each surgeon has different guidelines.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Hi pkipling, thanks for your reply.

I've never actually used Nanogen, so this will be a new routine for me. Nizoral I have used before on a limited basis.

I just didn't want either of those products to be considered too "harsh" to use on newly transplanted hair.

I'm hoping to see my surgeon soon, so i'll ask the correct questions then.

Anybody else with any input would be great

Thanks,

J

Hi pkipling, thanks for your reply.

I've never actually used Nanogen, so this will be a new routine for me. Nizoral I have used before on a limited basis.

I just didn't want either of those products to be considered too "harsh" to use on newly transplanted hair.

I'm hoping to see my surgeon soon, so i'll ask the correct questions then.

Anybody else with any input would be great

Thanks,

J

Honestly, this is probably something you should be able to call the office and ask over the phone without having to wait to see him in person. I personally don't see the risk of using a product at this stage, but for peace of mind and to get your surgeon's personal views on it and make sure you're following his instructions, I'd just make a quick phone call and run it by him. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56