How To Tell If Hair Loss Is Stabilized

So I've been on Fin for just about 6 months. I admit I have missed a few doses here and there.I am mainly losing hair in a norwood 3a pattern. That front 1/3 of my scalp seems to be getting worse to me. I still get lots of hair in my hands when I wash that part of my head. However, I notice that from mid scalp back, no hair comes out at all. When I comb my hair nothing comes out back there, and visually I'd say it looks fuller back there since I've started fin. Does that mean that I've stabilized my hair loss for the back two thirds? That's all I really need as I would be planning to restore the front 1/3 anyway. How can I really tell?

So I've been on Fin for just about 6 months. I admit I have missed a few doses here and there.I am mainly losing hair in a norwood 3a pattern. That front 1/3 of my scalp seems to be getting worse to me. I still get lots of hair in my hands when I wash that part of my head. However, I notice that from mid scalp back, no hair comes out at all. When I comb my hair nothing comes out back there, and visually I'd say it looks fuller back there since I've started fin. Does that mean that I've stabilized my hair loss for the back two thirds? That's all I really need as I would be planning to restore the front 1/3 anyway. How can I really tell?

From the Propecia site:

"Thickening and strengthening of hairs that have become miniaturized tends to take six to 12 months."

I've also read that it could take up to a year.

I've been taking it for over 20+ years, it has saved my vertex and kept the widow's peak and center. I have had several HTs on the receding hairline. (Examine my pictures.) How do I know? I compare it to my brother who doesn't take any meds or have HT.

I could not recall when exactly I had it stabilized after I first took it. In the beginning, I remember...I was taking it more for comfort and hoping to save my hair. And continuing on my marry way and living my life.

Today, I'm more than glad that I took it way back then.:)

Thanks cool hairstyle!

Kalab23,

I take 1.25mg a day of generic fin. I was very nervous about side effects, but I have not experienced anything really negative. I actually had an insanely high sex drive for about two weeks after I started it, after which it returned to normalc, not worse at all. I know that's the one people worry about. Other than that the most major thing I experienced was a bit of difficulty sleeping for about 3 weeks. I'm not even 100% sure that was from fin. Hope that helps!

Hello,

Since both of you are on Fin, have you experienced any side effects? And what is the dosage you take?

1.25 mg a day also.

If you are wondering about the sexual side effects, no not really. More watery seman than before, yes, but I could easily get it up. Now on fin 20+ years. No dizziness, weakness, or headache; or whatever else listed for side effects.

However, I'm a health nut. I have my own regimen. I take supplements. I don't take caffeine or simple sugar. No masturbation, if you could believe it. Lots of greens...

Here's my boring run of the mill answer, which I think is a safe bet:

take fin daily for a year, you can consider your hair loss stable

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Ernie,

Hahah boring answers are always welcomed by me. It must be true that some people don't really ever stabilize on fin, otherwise people wouldn't make it to Norwood 5/6/7 don't you think?

By the way your results are looking great, Ernie. I plan to go with Dr Rahal as well. Really amazing.