Scabbing

Guest dude1

Just wondering if there is any harm in just letting scabs fall off whether it is several weeks, a month, etc? I had some grafts placed within existing hair for density and am hesitant to be too agressive. I assume they will fall off in their own good time. A little shock loss I think, but not much.

Just wondering if there is any harm in just letting scabs fall off whether it is several weeks, a month, etc? I had some grafts placed within existing hair for density and am hesitant to be too agressive. I assume they will fall off in their own good time. A little shock loss I think, but not much.

well, you shouldn't pick the scabs off ever, they should fall off naturally. However, you can coax them along by gently rubbing your scalp when using shampoo after a week or so. The problem with still having scabs there several weeks or a month is, you're obviously not cleaning the rest of your scalp and you could get clogged pores

If you just had HT,,, buy some GraftCyte and spray on every 30 minutes for a week, this will keep the grafts moist and provide copper peptite to help healing, then when you shampoo, latther the sampoo and patt on the grafts (shampoo up to 2 times a day) By day 7-10 with Graftcyte should allow your scabs to come off naturally without damaging your grafts.

If your surgeon didnt provide this to you like some do, then you can order it overnight on the internet. Untill you get it, use saline solution 2x a hr.

Good luck.

Thanks. I've been using the graftcyte but every hour. I'll switch to every half hour. Being that the grafts are tucked in amonst the other hair, the graftcyte makes my hair stiff but I only have a day or 2 to go until I'm all out. I assume soaking my hair as well once in awhile won't hurt things and may improve its growth as well. How soon can I switch to regular shampoo? 1 week, 2?

They say you can go to reg shhampoo at 10 days, but dont get too agressive-if you still have scabs. You might look into buying more graftcyte aswell for another few days. if you soak use cool water and dont bump your head--I wouldnt try this until after 2 weeks when your grafts are more secured