Shaving the recipient area during the first few months

My surgeon told me to avoid shaving or buzzing for 3 months.

Now that the shedding is over after 39 days my recipient area just looks ridiculous. Most of the transplanted hairs fell as expected. Some of the hairs have grown thicker than the natives, some never grew and did not fall either. I would love to buzz the whole thing for a while but I'll follow my surgeon's instruction to the letter. However I think buzzing as soon as possible is the most appropiate strategy to enjoy a natural growth, don't you think so?

And why should I wait so long, aren't grafts supposed to be fully secure at 10 days max?

That's what I'll be doing too, I can't see that there would be a problem especially if you are doing it yourself as you can take your time and be careful with your scalp, I think when I see people in the ugly duckling phase with different hair lengths it looks so unatural and stands out more I think it would look better evened out, well I'm hoping so anyway

You could shave it, but your native hair and transplanted hair will grow at different rates.

If before 3 months, your most of your transplanted hair will likely not grow.

If after 3 months, all hair will likely grow at the same rate.

Thus, after 3 months would be my choice, if I were you. Because your hair will grow out evenly.:)

I still think it looks better when the hair length is balanced, the whole point is to avoid the long at the sides short or sparse in the middle it looks unatural and stands out if it grows at different rates it doesn't bother me as it's easy to keep trimming the faster growing hair to match the slower growing hair, I will keep everything short until the new growth is coming through properly then let it grow because I'm balding I've trimmed my own hair anyway I havnt been to the hairdressers in years.