Serious scame and appalling treatment by the London Hair Clinic - Can anyone help ???

GenB2003

Hi All,

I approached the London Hair Clinic with great timidity (after staying away from any hair piece clinic for years after an appalling experience by another) about a year ago. The manager seemed nice (don't they all..?). He elaborated quite convincingly on the reason he set up his own clinic which was due to his own bad experiences..! So initally I was relieved to find someone who I thought understood. At the first meeting I was so nervous and anxious because I didn't want a repeat of my previous experience. I should have followed my gut instinct when this guy said, 'Well, after having such a terrible experience last time, I'm happy to give you a discount. The piece was ?700, he offered (a bespoke) one to me for ?650. That might not seem a lot of money for some people, but when you haven't got much to begin with... So the piece arrives and I notice immediately the hairline is not believable at all, possibly the most important part of any piece. I can't face another battle so I play with it, get them to adjust it as much as they can etc. and it's 'OK' not great. It is certainly not bespoke, and it is not real hair ! The only good thing to come out of my experience with the previous hair clinic co. was that I pretty much learnt how to clean it, re-apply it etc. So I've mainly been doing that with this one. I go in for the occassional re-groom and trim of my own hair and the system. The last time was about 2 wks ago. The assistant manager, who is also the 'Senior Stylist' is, ironically, from the previous company I used to use but he doesn't remember me. He was involved in a deception I experienced there, but that's a whole other story. On this appointment 2 wks ago, I'd already taken the tape of the system, it only need to be cleaned properly and washed. He's a "friendly, nice guy" on the surface. Just before the appointment I was handed a letter written by the manager, titled, "BUSINESS RESTRUCTURING". As soon as I read that I knew what was coming. It's a long, meandering letter (bit like this message..) he states: "I am very much appreciative of your business and support but we have reached a point where we have far too many clients significantly exceeding the capacity that we can manage as a business"... it goes on.. "I am very grateful for your business and we would like to continue to offer products and services to you in-line with the new pricing structure. This will allow us to continue at a manageable level". The last sentence before the list of new prices says... "I very much hope you will stay with us and are able to able to finance Hair Replacement at the adjusted rates". The typo is theirs. Basically, the jist of it is, spend more or get lost ! It also said, "We will be calling all existing clients shortly to discuss the new Hair Replacement Programmes", ie: to gently try to rip you off ! Well, I did get a phone call (yesterday) or rather, they left a voicemail message, the senior stylist mentioned above left it. He was being "nice" again, but was basically saying because I haven't spent enough and they simply don't have to "room" for more clients , they're going to have to give me the boot !?! Isn't me , the customer who decideds when and if I leave, not them ??? I am so stunned and appalled by this. The letter is full of contradictions. If they're doing so well, why on earth would they have to get rid of clients ?? The entire year I've been a client there it is impossible to get a face-to-face meeting with the manager, which I'm highly suspicious of, you can only talk to him by phone, that didn't even happen in the previous place where I was also ripped off. At least there you could see the manager when ever you liked. Same with this situation, they emphasise how they can only discuss this over the phone ! I'm going to try to demand a face-to-face meeting with the manager, but here's the thing, these people are ripping off vulnerable people. Ironically during my very last appointment the senior stylist and I were discussing how bad the hair replacement is generally (he still didn't realise I was a client at the previous place he worked) and he literally said, 'Most of these businesses exploit the vulnerable' !!! And now they do this !?!? I know there are people on here who have had a bad experience with this company also. I know this is a very big ask, but would ANYONE be prepared to come with me to the appointment I'm going to try to get with the manager so I have a witness, preferably someone who has also has a bad experience with them ?? I am sorry to ask but to be treated like this is diabolical after forking out a lot of money on the piece itself, re-grooms, products from them etc. They can't get away with treating people like this. I am not trying to be some sort of hero, but I don't want anyone else to go through this. It is my SECOND abysmal experience and it as traumatised me. Thanks for reading, sorry it's so long.

please use paragraphs to help us help you.

Sorry to read this.

I have heard of two first hand bad experiences with LHC when contacted on forums- the first was someone who had a rushed and botched cut in and was basically told to get lost.

The other was bad service after complaining about colour of a piece.

The arrogant approach is typical of a few of these clinics. I cant post more due to legal matters.

Grincher,

Thank you very much for replying. Sorry for my lack of paragraphs. Obviously I meant 'scam', not 'scame', wrote it in a hurry and was upset !

When you say you can't write more due to legal reasons, am I allowed to asked, is that legal action against the LHC ?