Best way to pay euros to doc in Turkey? In America...

mhuffer

Hi all,

I'm scheduling an FUE procedure with Dr. Resul Yaman for later this year. Here's the thing - his clinic (like most Turkish clinics) requires paying cash on site. So I'll be traveling from America, arrive around 4pm Istanbul-time, then have the surgery the next morning.

What do you think is the best way to go about getting the euros and paying the clinic? I'd like to minimize the currency conversion fees, and also don't want to risk traveling with 4000euros in my pocket.

I'm kind of stumped on what to do here

I bought 6000 euros from my bank in the US and carried them with me when I went to Spain and had no problems.....if you don't want to carry it then you should maybe try to find out if they have a currency exchange at the airport in Istanbul and if so if you can use a debit or credit card to buy the currency (I know there was a currency exchange booth in the airport in Madrid) although I would be a little worried about a possible language barrier while trying to buy the euros.

I know you said they want cash on site but if they would be ok with it you could also do a wire transfer of the money from your bank to their account and pay ahead of time? I paid a 1500 euro downpayment for my surgery this way.

I think you will be fine if the clinic driver picks you up because you will go directly to the clinic or hotel after you land at the airport. I believe the clinic also takes USD.